Pre-Litigation Personal Injury Paralegal
Reports to: Vice-President of Operations
Payroll Status: Full-Time
Location: McKinney, TX
Works in a high-level and rapidly growing plaintiffs’ personal injury firm with a heavy emphasis on strategizing with attorneys, coordinating with treating physicians, clients and insurance adjusters, paying attention to details and treating each case uniquely to develop necessary evidence to maximum claim value for the client.
Essential Qualities, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possesses excellent communication skills.
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) is preferred.
- 4 years of personal injury law experience required.
- Handles new client intakes and questions.
- Sets up injury claims and subrogation claims.
- Assists clients with property damage questions and claims.
- Assists with managing clients’ medical appointments and communicates directly with providers.
- Helps explain process to clients and answer ongoing questions.
- Develops case strategy with attorneys & manages client throughout the claim.
- Assists clients throughout medical treatment process.
- Obtains medical records, bills and other evidence (i.e. affidavits and lost wages).
- Creates medical treatment summaries.
- Obtains reductions of medical bills.
- Prepares demand packages.
- Prepares case for closing.
- Creates client closing statement.
- Self-starter with a desire to be integral part of a growing, very successful team.
- Working knowledge of e-mail, Outlook, Share Point and Filevine.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, ability to multitask, and work well with team.
- Possesses high level oral and written communications skills.
- Proactive, can-do Attitude.
- 3 weeks, 1 day paid time off.
- Health insurance.
- Dental Insurance.
- 401K w/ matching & profit sharing.
- Relocation expense reimbursement.
- Professional development assistance.
- Referral program.
- Family and Medical Leave.
Please submit your resume in PDF format via e-mail, do not call our office.
I have received, read and understand the Job Description and acknowledge that I am able to perform the essential functions of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.