Location: McKinney, Texas
Established, highly-regarded, growing Personal Injury Law firm seeks full-time legal assistant.
- Will support paralegals in all aspects of case management, from sign-up through trial (if necessary).
- Duties will include administrative duties, client interaction, medical record and bill retrieval, assistance with demand preparation, open records requests, and preparation and drafting of other documents as requested by supervising paralegals.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Prior Personal Injury pre-suit experience is a plus.
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) is a plus.
- Firm Compensation includes:
– Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
– Generous 401K with firm matching component.
– Health Insurance.
– 128 hours Paid Time Off policy (3 weeks & 1 day).
– Firm Paid Holidays (typically 8).
– Living in or near McKinney is a huge plus.
Skillset required to be successful
- Ideal candidate is a self-starter who is motivated to be an integral part of a growing, highly successful team.
- Works well in team environment (our team gets along very well).
- Heavy emphasis on strategizing with attorneys, attention to detail & treating each case uniquely in order to develop necessary evidence to maximum claim value.
- Organized, detail oriented and able to multitask.
- Proactive, can do team-oriented attitude who insists on winning for our clients.
- Strong oral and written communication skills coupled with ability to think on your feet.
- Able to handle sensitive, confidential matters, resolve conflicts & empathize with clients.
- Must be able to understand medical terminology.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Kofax & Google Earth are pluses.