Payroll Status: Part Time
Personal Injury firm seeking paralegal or legal assistant with strong demand writing skills. Must be able to review medical records, crash reports and other documents in order to draft a descriptive, multiple page demand letter. Draft will be provided to show the expectations and format to follow. In addition, the Demand Writer may be tasked with special projects on an as needed basis requiring direction and guidance by Team Leader.
Essential Qualities, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for drafting and editing well-written and compelling demands.
- Sort and read through medical records, insurance correspondence, and settlement releases on behalf of clients.
- Deliver high quality demands in a timely manner.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office, specifically Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent grammar, spelling skills, and proofreading skills.
- Flexibility and ability to adjust on the fly to new demands.
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to multitask.
- Proactive, can-do, team-oriented attitude who insists on winning for our clients.
- Able to handle sensitive, confidential matters, resolve conflicts & empathize with clients.
- A capability to adjust voice and tone to match our brand’s personality.
- Must be able to understand medical terminology.
This is a remote, part-time role than can evolve into a full-time role.